The CSCA is seeking a full time Project Development Officer to work closely with the Executive Council to oversee and facilitate the CSCA “Local Chapters” project. This is a project initiated through a Templeton World Charity Foundation, Inc. (TWCF) grant, and has a three-year duration. The fundamental question being addressed is, “Given the unique challenges of the Canadian context, how can we foster and deepen people’s understanding of the integrity of science and Christian faith through the activities of the CSCA”? The primary tools for answering this question will include the following: new local chapters, a national speaking tour, a major three day conference, special local chapter events, student scholarships and mentorship dinners, and advancing our online presence to support and further these initiatives.
The candidate must be a committed Christian who adheres to the principles of the CSCA and ASA, a Canadian citizen, and must have:
- a degree in science or other relevant field
- excellent computer and web management skills
- excellent oral, written, and electronic communication & interpersonal skills
- demonstrable social-media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- experience in and enthusiasm for the cause of positive science and faith interaction, and an understanding of key issues and factors
- ability to work with minimum supervision and express creativity and flexibility in the carrying out of duties
- financial record-keeping and reporting skills
The full job description is posted here. The job will be based in Langley (BC), and we are looking to fill the position promptly. More details on the project and grant will be publicly released later.